Tuesday, August 21, 2007

An Introduction



Okay, I just jumped right in to this blogging thing without really introducing myself. I'm tempted to go deep right from the start, but I'll keep it simple for now and just know that my unique life experiences could provide months of blog topics. For now . . .

My name is Sherri and I'm 39 years old. I've been married to Chuck for 15 years. We have four kids (not their real names): Grace (10), Jerry (7), Simon (5), and Austin (3 - next week).

I'm an only child who is amazed at her current position in life. I never babysat as a teen and didn't particularly enjoy being around children. NOW I have four children of my own. And let me tell you, a family of six seems REALLY big to me.

When I got married I couldn't cook. NOW, I am one of those crazy women who grinds her own wheat to make bread for her family. How I came to grind my own wheat would be a great topic for another post.

Ten years ago, I loved computer programming and enjoyed the perks and pats that the working world gave me. NOW, I stay at home with all four of my children and even homeschool them.

Suffice it to say that if you had told me, 10 years ago, what my life would look like now, I NEVER would have believed you. To be sure, I love where God has me right now and am so blessed to have the opportunity to be a helpmate to my husband and a mother to my children.



One last thing, I need to give credit where credit is due. Grace (10 years old) named this site. She knows when things get too loud and crazy I often yell say "Mom is on Noise Overload, everyone QUIET!!" I mentioned one day that I didn't know what to name my blog and Grace immediately said, "You should name it Noise Overload". Thanks Grace - I love it!

4 comments:

Katherine@Raising Five said...

Sherri, that is just lovely! Seems like yesterday you and Chuck had only been married for 5 years and you were the only ones in our circle of friends with NO kids. Where has the time gone?! I am so privileged to have walked so much of this path together with you. You are beautiful, inside and out, and I'm so glad you are my "sister."

And yes, you are a crazy woman! In only the best possible way!

Anonymous said...

My kids are roughly the same age (except we don't have a 3 year old. :) Isn't it amazing how God changes and shapes us into exactly what we really want in the end. :) I am so amazed to see all He has done and is doing. :)

Julie@HighFive! said...

I love your pictures! I'm also new to blogging and haven't gotten around to writing an introduction yet. I've so enjoyed reading yours that perhaps I'll get around to doing mine today.

You have a beautiful family!

Oh, by the way, I was the same way, I DID babysit but never enjoyed it and until I had my own kiddos, I was never into children. I have one friend from high school that I have kept in touch with whose father can not believe that I have 5 children, used to homeschool, and quilt! I love what God has done with my life and I can tell from your writing you feel the same way.

Our God IS an amazing God!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sherri,
I'm glad your blogging now! It's been sooo long since I've seen yall. I miss "Grace" and think of her a lot. Its good to hear about your life.
Jason and I are moving back from Indianapolis to McKinney this week! So let me know if yall ever come to Dallas to visit. I'd love to see the kids!